SERVPRO removes mold from Quarryville Workshop
Mold takes root on a moist spot on a wooden ceiling.
Mold is never good news for anyone. We here at SERVPRO know this, but we are here to help!
In Quarryville, we received a call about a workshop with mold growing on the wood of the ceiling (pictured).
If left untreated, not only could the repairs cost the owner more than the mitigation, but it also could have significant impacts to their health.
The following are a few facts on mold and how to help control it.
- Mold is a necessary part of our environments ecosystem. Without it, organic matter would not decay and breakdown. However, our homes are not where we want to see mold!
- Mold needs 3 things to flourish: moisture, an organic food source, & the right temperature. In this case, there was moisture in the wood at the right temperature, leading to the aforementioned growth.
- Mold only needs 24-48 hours to grow! So, if you notice moisture anywhere it is best to dry it QUICKLY!
If there is mold in your home, shed, or anywhere on your property, call us at SERVPRO of Western Lancaster & East York @ (717) 665-1270. We will remove it "Like it never even happened"!
SERVPRO Rebuilds a Lebanon Home from Fire
SERVPRO Rebuilds a Lebanon Home from Fire
After a few row homes were affected by a house fire, this is one of the homes we rebuilt. Please check out the after picture of the Home's front porch in Before and After Photo Section.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Western Lancaster County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 717-665-1270
SERVPRO saves Facility from Closing during a Storm
Even the best building designs are put to the test by mother nature. This time in the form of hail.
The internal gutter system of a technologies facility in the Mount Joy area became clogged when quarter sized hail rained down as violent thunderstorms devastated the area overnight on March 1st. Storms so severe it appeared that a tornado had touch down in the Susquehanna Valley.
With a mixture of ingenuity, and professional know how; our technicians assessed the damage that resulted from the overflow of rain water throughout the facility, and quickly took action.
With minor disturbance on the office staff, and shop employees, the Mount Joy based technologies company was able to remain open, and in full swing of operations. A valuable asset to any company is knowing that though the situation seems bleak, it's no match for the professional training SERVPRO technicians have.
Till next time Mother Nature, as SERVPRO East York stands strong for the community.
Restoring Your York County Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at York County commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of East York
SERVPRO of Western Lancaster specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Western Lancaster is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 717-665-1270
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Western Lancaster has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Western Lancaster
SERVPRO of Western Lancaster specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When Storms or Floods hit York County, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Western Lancaster specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Lancaster County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 717-665-1270
Conditions In York County Might Be Right For Mold
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of East York to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at SERVPRO of East York 717-846-6100
How Ready Are You? We can help!
When a disaster strikes, moments matter and pass more quickly than before, especially if one isn’t prepared. Preparation could be as simple as knowing the locations of utility shut offs such as electric, gas, or water and emergency contact numbers. A step beyond that is having that information at your fingertips instead of sitting in a drawer in the office—which may not be reachable in the event of a fire or damaged by flooding.
These situations are precisely why SERVPRO created the free Ready Plan app for Android and iOS. With it, you can access all your emergency information instantly when disaster strikes. The setup is simple, intuitive, and highly customizable to what your individual needs are. Want to share emergency information with a manager or head of maintenance? Need immediate response because a pipe or radiator broke? All available at the push of a button.
Getting prepared doesn’t have to be hard, download the free Ready Plan app today and see just how easy it is to create a plan for whatever happens. More information and PC access available at ready.SERVPRO.com. If you have any questions or need help getting prepared, please e-mail me at Yuriy@SERVPRO10454.com.
Sponsored Continuing Education Class — May 24th 2018
SERVPRO of East York and Western Lancaster Counties will be hosting a continuing education class Thursday, May 24th 2018 for local insurance professionals. The subjects covered include mold remediation and biohazard cleanup. The classes will begin at 7:30 am and conclude at noon at the Hampton Inn in Springettsbury (York) located at 1550 Mount Zion Rd. Complimentary breakfast with coffee and tea will be served prior to the beginning of the classes.
If you’re an insurance agent who is interested in attending, please let us know by e-mailing us at office@SERVPRO10454.com, speaking with your local area representative, or calling us at 717-846-6100. Seating is limited so please contact us soon to reserve your seat.
We look forward to seeing you there.
What to Do After a Commercial Fire Damage Emergency
Melted water cooler from a commercial fire.
After Flames Close Your Business, Call SERVPRO for Fire Damage Restoration
Thousands of businesses are affected by commercial fire damage each year because of a wide range of causes. Whether it's a restaurant that encounters a fire, an office in a building that was affected by a nearby disaster, or a severe storm that sparks flames, such an event is never easy to deal with.
Few proprietors are prepared to grapple with the aftermath of a fire because it's not something that most business owners expect will happen to them. Entrepreneurs who suffer commercial fire damage may feel at a loss when it comes to picking up the pieces and resuming business as usual. Here are three key steps you should consider taking after a fire has shut down your business.
- Get in contact with your insurance company right away. Not only will this be one of the most relevant steps to getting back open and serving your customers, but your insurance company will also provide the funds needed to make repairs to your business. We know how to navigate the commercial claims process, and any repairs that we complete will meet or exceed your insurance provider's requirements. We do emphasize that we are not an insurance company.
- Secure the remaining equipment and property in your building. Unfortunately, commercial fire damage increases the likelihood of vandalism and theft, as your building will be left vulnerable and less secure. Patching up walls, doors, and windows, even temporarily, can go a long way towards preventing further problems. The experts at SERVPRO have the experience and tools needed to secure your business's exterior and interior quickly. As a result, your property will be safeguarded and any further damage to the building will be minimized.
- Be mindful of smoke damage. Even if it appears that your business was only minimally affected by commercial fire damage, the building likely has lingering smoke that will destroy your equipment, documents, and inventory over time. When you call SERVPRO, we'll thoroughly inspect your business for smoke damage and effectively clean it up, eliminate odors, and restore satisfactory indoor air quality.
The team at SERVPRO of East York County knows how devastating commercial fire damage can be, and we're committed to helping you get your business back up and running. To obtain a quote or get more information about our fire repair and restoration services, call us 24/7 at (717) 846-6100.